Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I need to file on marriage an card

Customer Question

I need to file for fraud on marriage an for green card
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You believe your spouse married you only for a green card? What evidence will you be able to provide?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

There are two penalties for marriage fraud. The first is under 18 U.S.C. § 1325(c), which provides a penalty of up to five years imprisonment and up to $250,000 fine for any "individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws."

The second is a permanent bar to ever getting U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency. This means that even if they marry a different U.S. Citizen or even if they have U.S. Citizen children, they still will not be able to get Residency status.

You can report marriage fraud in three different ways:

1) You can go to http://www.ice.gov/webform/hsi-tip-form and file the report there.

2) You can call the ICE hotline at 1-(***) ***-****1-(866)(###) ###-####FREE.

3) You can contact the local USCIS field office by going to http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

You should have evidence of the marriage fraud handy in case they want to ask you questions or have you send evidence to them.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Homero. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!