Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I have a question about the eligibility of F2 public gh

Customer Question

I have a question about the eligibility of F2 for the public high school. I live in California. My sister is studying in US with F1 and her son is coming with her with F2. Both of them stay with me. Today we went to our local high school district and try
to enroll my nephew into the high school. However I was told that they don't accept F2 because it is a student visa. I'm wondering what is the law here. Can my nephew go to the public high school with F2 visa? Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: Yes, legally, a child is F2 status is allowed to attend K-12 school (elementary, middle, or high school) as a full-time student.

However, the school is not required to accept the child. It is up to their discretion to do so.

I know this can be confusing. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Sir/Madam,

I answered your question, but then you posted it again to another Expert. That is fine, but is there a reason you decided not to continue here?

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.