Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

This is ,y third year i apply no problem except now, they

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, this is ,y third year i apply for i1765 no problem except now, they said i need i220b
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i apply for asylum 4 years ago because I'm gay, it was denied and judge offered me withholding , i accepted, but this year i just can't seem to be able to continue to renew my work permit, they first send me wrong information and now they are asking for i220b
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

What do you mean "they" first sent you the wrong information? Can you attach a copy of the request?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm currently under withholding of removal that it was granted to me in front of a judge back in 2010. Then after that i have been applying for a work permit every year without issues until this year, a few months after I apply for the work permit I receive this letter.

This looks like a mistake. They processed your I-765 application under category (c)(18) by erroneously.

I recommend that you write a letter explaining that your category is a(10) for WITHHOLD OF REMOVAL by an immigration judge and it is not necessary for you to get a supervision order to get a work authorization . That is required for category (c)(18). I suggest you do it as soon as possible so you will have time to continue fighting if USCIS does not understand this.

I know immigration issues sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or if you need help with application preparation or review, I can send you an offer for this legal service to you for a reasonable fee later on. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

-----