Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I'm at risk due to a felony. I've been in this country and

Customer Question

I'm at risk for deportation due to a felony. I've been in this country and legal green card holder since 1969. While working here I was diagnosed with asbestos in my lungs. What is the law for having an industrial disease and still being deported?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is the felony and what is the sentence?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

It really depends on what the crime and sentence was. Unfortunately, the law changed many years ago that if something makes you deportable, it isn't the hardship of the person that will be deported that counts. It is the hardship of a U.S. Citizen or perhaps U.S. Lawful Permanent Relative that might count. So just because you have a diagnosed disease does not mean that it would protect you from being deported. You might be able to get what is called Prosecutorial Discretion, but that does not give you legal status. So if you want to tell me what the crime and sentence is, I can give you more detail. I would also need to know when you allegedly committed the crime as that may have something to do with the situation as well. If not, just know that your situation may not necessarily protect you from deportation.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Ashok. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!