Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am a US Citizen and got married to a girl in India in

Customer Question

Customer: I am a US Citizen and got married to a girl in India in 2013. She came here in dec 2014. Now I feel I have been cheated. She married me for the green card. Can I get her GC canceled
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My life has been a living hell with her. Her behavior and attitude has completely changed after getting the GC. She treats me like a dog. All she wanted was the Gc. My life has become miserable I hate coming back to home
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What evidence will you be able to provide to get her deported?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of evidence will you need? how can I prove her behaviour is wrong?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She lies to me all the time and her behavior is hideous.

It's not what I need. It's what ICE will want to be able to get her deported. Many marriages are real and just fall apart. There are two major penalties for marriage fraud. The first is under 18 U.S.C. § 1325(c) which provides a penalty of up to five years imprisonment and up to $250,000 fine for any "individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws."

The second is a permanent deportation which means that for life, she can never get Residency ever again, not even if she has U.S. Citizen children.

So because the penalties are so severe, ICE is going to want something solid.

So keeping that in mind, what evidence can you provide? He said, she said is not going to work. Do you have witnesses? Who? Do you have emails? Letters? Voice recordings? What solid things could you provide?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I being charged for each message? It shows $52. I have emails, letters (voice recordings) when she was in India. but not much here. Her behaviour is still the same. I might have two or more recordings. She has faked her resume to get a job and this can be proved.

You are not charged per message, nor per response, nor per answer. Anyway, you need to focus not on that she is a bad wife, a mean and nasty person, but that her only intent in marrying you was to get a green card to come to the U.S. These letters and voice recordings, what do they say/prove?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Believe me, I'm on your side. I want you to report her and I hope that she gets deported. But they will want to see good evidence. Why? Because the penalties for marriage fraud are high. There are two of them:

1) 18 U.S.C. § 1325(c), provides a penalty of up to five years imprisonment and up to $250,000 fine for any "individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws."

2) A permanent bar against ever getting Residency ever again, even if she marries another U.S. Citizen for real, or even if she has U.S. Citizen children. She will not be able to get Residency again.

You can report marriage fraud in three different ways:

a) You can go to http://www.ice.gov/webform/hsi-tip-form and file the report there.

b) You can call the ICE hotline at 1-(866)(###) ###-####

c) You can contact the local USCIS field office by going to http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

You should have evidence of the marriage fraud handy in case they want to ask you questions or have you send evidence to them.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!