Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Al
, I have a different name on my driver's license

Customer Question

Customer: Al
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a different name on my driver's license than I have on green card
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: On green card I have first name, like Alfonso and last name Gomez Garza, and on the driver's license and almost everywhere, I have last name only Gomez, as is the US custom of using only the father's last name
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) How did you happen to get a different name on your driver license than your greencard?

2) Which is your proper name?

3) What state are you in?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!