Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am a US citizen by marriage (now divorced). I want to

Customer Question

I am a US citizen by marriage (now long divorced). I want to marry a Canadian citizen and bring her to the US. What is the best way? K1? Should we get married here in the US first? Also she needs to travel back and forth from the US and Canada frequently. So we need to maintain that flexibility.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Actually, the answer depends on what benefits you want her to have when she gets here and how soon you want her to come.

Please answer the following:

Is it more important for her to be here sooner?

Or is it more important for her to be able to work as son as she arrives?