Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

How quickly can a card be renewed?
, expired gren card

Customer Question

Customer: how quickly can a green card be renewed?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: expired gren card 11/18/2015 -- want to travel Dec 20th .. Britch citzen married to US citizen with 5 5 and 20 year old kids
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I search the internet for answer while I wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is it a 2 year green card or a 10 year green card? Have you already filed an I-90 to renew? Did you get the receipt back yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 10 year card , just discovered the issue ... nothing done. Yet.

I would file an I-90 immediately. I doubt you would get the I-90 receipt in time, but hopefully they will still stamp your passport with a temporary I-551 stamp that will allow you to travel. To get that stamp you would go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and make an appointment to speak to an immigration officer in person. Take your passport with you and a copy of the I-90 and proof that you filed it (certified return receipt, for example). Luckily, you remain a Lawful Permanent Resident even with an expired card.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.