Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I won some money and now they tell me I need to pay

Customer Question

I won some money and now they tell me I need to pay immigration tax needs to by paid and money is held at the Indianapolis
international airport is this true?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

You won money and now somebody is telling you that you need to pay an immigration tax?

Where did you win this money?

Who is telling you that?

Where are they telling you to pay the taxes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won Consumer Clearing House Kate Buckner and Assos.
***** ***** FBI agent Federal Bureau if Investigation(Anti-Money Laundering Dept)
taxes are to be paid to someone in the Philippines whom paid part of the money I needed to
pay the rest of the money. Now I have my money (setting at the Indianapolis International Airport, Indiana
Mr. James Byrd of Global Security Express Courier was on hand. Steve stopped James from his flight to deliever
the checks to me. the checks are 2 from clearing house others one belongs to me for refunded security that proved
that I am who I am.
***** ***** from the Federal Gaming is helping me with this out of CaliforniaI think I am scammed
and now I won't even receive the money I put into getting the prize money.
Now I see I could have talked instead of typed

I don't understand your response. Can you please break down the information question by question, response by response? It's hard to understand your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where did I when this money - Consumer Clearing House
who is telling me I need to pay taxes - a Mr ***** ***** FBI police officer at the Indianapolis international airport, Indiana
where do I pay this money - Money gram, or WU, or Wire from Bank - to Maria Garces - Mainila Philippines
Mr James Byrd of Global Security Express Courier is now on hold at the international airport, Indiana with my winnings and
the returned security money that was to prove I was who I said I was.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still with me because I must go to Church tonight but I would like some kind of advise before I go
I don't mean to be sooo but I would like some kind of advise of this matter.
Thank You
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

OK, thank you very much. Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

ANSWER: This is a total scam. Do not send any money to anybody, especially someone from the Philippines. Also, there is no reason at all that you would have to pay taxes to someone at the airport. And the FBI doesn't collect taxes on winnings. Finally, tax collection would not be done with Money Gram, Western Union or bank wire. Those are untraceable and do not provide a receipt for where the money goes. Do not send any money. This is a very common scam.

Here is information from the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/preventiontips.aspx

Here is information from Money Gram: http://corporate.moneygram.com/compliance/fraud-prevention/common-consumer-scams

Here is information from Western Union: https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/fraudawareness/fraud-types.html

Always keep in mind that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Also, immigration does not collect taxes. Nor does anyone at the airport.

I know this can be confusing. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.