Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My "Daughter" is her on a school visa and turns 21 in May. i

Customer Question

my "Daughter" is her on a school visa and turns 21 in May. i would like to know how to adopt her to keep her here. i may also consider mmarrying her father who has been with me for 2 years
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

During this process, please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, please do not rate the state of the law or the outcome of your situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger.

I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. Thank you for your understanding.

ANSWER: Unfortunately, that is not going to be possible. In order to gain immigration benefits, the child must be adopted before the age of 16. Since she is almost 21, she is past the age for which adoption can give her immigration benefits.

I'm very sorry, but remember that I do not make the rules. I am just providing you with information, as a messenger.

I know this can be confusing. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.

Thank you!

Expert:  Expert James replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.