How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 16392
Experience:  Licensed Attorney
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I entered America on an esta visa and overstayed by three

Customer Question

I entered America on an esta visa and overstayed by three months.When I tried to go back to the US they wouldn't allow me to enter the US and sent me back to Australia.
Is there a set period of time that I will not be able to travel to the US and if so how long is it.Kind Regards ***** *****
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Unfortunately, once a foreigner overstays ESTA, such foreigner will not longer be eligible to enter on and ESTA indefinitely and would have to apply for a US Visa, such as B-,2 tourist visa

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Immigration Law Questions