Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

We red an attorney who is going to file soon on behalf of my

Customer Question

For JUDITH
We hired an attorney who is going to file soon on behalf of my wife, the application for my permanent residency.
Still this lawyer did not ask us to gather any photos or proof of wedding (except the marriage certificate). He said we just need to bring the proof wedding (letters of friends, marriage photos, common documents) the day of the interview.
Is he right ? Is that a strategy ?
Or is he mistaken and that could impact our case ?
thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The immigration service requires only proof of a valid marriage to file with the application. The marriage license is all that is necessary in the application. The investigator who will follow up on the application MAY want to see the photographs and letters at the interview. Thus, the attorney you are using is correct. They do not want all of the photos and evidence other than the marriage license submitted for the files. The interviewer will want to see them, but they try to keep their paperwork to a minimum in the file.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, attorney JUDITH is following me since many years, and that question is for her.
Not that I doubt your answer, but that was really targeted for her as she has followed since a long time.I had told justanswer team already that I wanted to wait for Judith answer. Thanks
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 1 year ago.
HICustomer
I am Michelle a moderator for this category. Unfortunately, Judith is going to be away for an extended time. We do not have a return date for her. Law Educator was trying to assist you in her absence, per her request that we continue to provide answers for her customers, while she's away. Do you wish to continue with him?
Please keep in mind we do not have a return date for Judith at this time.
Thank you for your time,
Michelle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please freeze the question 1 week, until Judith comes back.
In case she does not come back, I will finish it with Law Educator and close the question with him.That is a very bad news, do you have any idea how long (days, weeks, months) she will be away ?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
It seems that Judith is still not available. I am here if you would like to finish this question up and if you had more questions I could answer for you. Thank you.