Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Few yrs ago I was accused of stealing a $20 item.I wasn't

Customer Question

Hi
Few yrs ago I was accused of stealing a $20 item.I wasn't arrested or summoned to court.I was issued only a ticket.The other day I had applied for I 485 and I answered No to all the yes/no questions.I thought crimes of moral turpitude are something else.I just realized I might have done a mistake.How this will affect my petition and if the biometrics will show the municipal ticket I've got.Thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

If it was just a municipal ticket, it's possible that it may not appear in your background check with your biometrics. However, this does not mean that you should not tell USCIS about it. You should let the officer know about this at the interview immediately after you sit even if they do not bring it up , especially because they may already know and claim you lied. Try to get a copy of the ticket and report and bring it with you to the interview.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.