Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I'm a US Citizen sponsoring my sister and her husband and

Customer Question

Hello. I'm a US Citizen sponsoring my sister and her husband and child. Do I need to file separate I-864 for each person and how do I answer Part 3 Question 1 and 2? Do I list all 3 individuals as family members on all applications or do I do one application, marking Part 3 Question 2 and list all 3 people? Or do I mark Part 3 Question 1 Yes and do separate applications for each person?
Thanks for your help
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

QUESTION: Do I need to file separate I-864 for each person

ANSWER: If there is only one I-130, but several derivatives, then you need to submit the I-864 for the original beneficiary, and then a copy of the I-864 for each derivative beneficiary.

QUESTION: How do I answer Part 3 Question 1?

ANSWER: Check 1 & 2.

QUESTION: Do I list all 3 individuals as family members on all applications or do I do one application, marking Part 3 Question 2 and list all 3 people?

ANSWER: One I-864, then list everyone as described.

QUESTION: Or do I mark Part 3 Question 1 Yes and do separate applications for each person?

ANSWER: No. Check 1 & 2, then list them as they are described.

I know this can be confusing. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Expert:  Expert James replied 12 months ago.

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.

Thank you!