Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a case that was aproved in 1986 can i do anything

Customer Question

Customer: hi yes i have a case that was aproved in 1986 can i do anything with that?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my inmigration case got approved in 1986 but i got married and left to mexico is there anything i can do to revive this case?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Was it an I-130 that was approved? It was filed for you? Who filed it? Was it a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident?

I see that you have viewed my request for information. Are you having technical difficulties? You are not charged per question nor per response nor per answer, so it is ok to respond. Was it an I-130 that was approved? It was filed for you directly or you were a derivative minor or spouse at that time? Who filed it? Was it a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

To revive a case such as that, if the relationship still exists between the petitioner and the beneficiary, one would need to file an I-824. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-824

If the Priority Date is current on that I-130, then the person should be able to immigrate within 9 months to a year or so if all admissibility requirements are met.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!