Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Judith, I'd like to ask you a questions on the topic of

Customer Question

FOR JUDITH Hi Judith, I'd like to ask you a couple follow up questions on the topic of naturalization: 1) It's a bit disheartening to know that the naturalization process likely won't be complete in August even if I file early. Is there, by any chance,
any mechanism to expedite the process (or file earlier)? 2) The USCIS website says on its "Path to US Citizenship" page - under "Eligibility Requirements" (please see link below): "Reside continuously within the United States from the date of application for
naturalization up to the time of naturalization." Does it mean that the applicant won't be able to travel outside the US on a short trip (say a month long or so) while the application is in process? I really don't think so, but I just wanted to confirm. http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization/path-us-citizenship
Thank you again. I'm going to start another thread on the topic of I-130 for my fiancee soon.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

I had emergency spinal cord surgery sat am. It may be a day or two before I can respond.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fully understand, Judith. I wish you a complete and speedy recovery.