Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I came to the US in 1962. USCIS#012933281. Was drafted,spent

Customer Question

I came to the US in 1962. USCIS#012933281. Was drafted,spent 2 years in the Army. Honorably discharged. Married a US citizen in1977.Had a daughter in 1983 in Georgia. Retired in 2006. My question is; Do I still need to report every ten years ? Thanks, ***** ***** xxxxx
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I'm not sure what you mean. Report what and to whom? You mean renew your green card every 10 years?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to continue to renew my green card every ten years ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Send a message to my e mail.

Well, it depends on what you need it for. Your status does not expire, only your card does. So if you fail to renew it, that doesn't mean you stop being a Lawful Permanent Resident. You still are. The issue is that you would have difficulty proving it. If you needed to work, you would have to show it. If you needed to renew your drivers license, you would normally have to show it. If you needed to travel internationally, you would have problems boarding a flight back to the U.S.

So yes, you should renew it, but you don't have to. Most people just apply for U.S. Citizenship. Unfortunately, the system doesn't forward answers to your email.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello Jim. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Jim. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.