Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My fiance is about to schedule her interview K1 visa at the

Customer Question

My fiance is about to schedule her interview for a K1 visa at the Philippines embassy but we have a couple red flags that we are concerned about and need to determine if i need to spend the money ...which i dont have....to fly down there to be with her
for the interview.....the red flag is that i was still married when we first met and got engaged....i was in the process of getting a divorce....my xwife was not living with me but we were not legally seperated.....we got a divorce 3 months later and i have
recently visited her a couple months ago....we are concerned that this could cause a problem in the interview...addittionally my x wife was from the philippines and i brought her the same process about 8 years ago
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

It's not a problem to have still been married when you met. The question is, was the divorce completed and legally in effect when you filed the I-129F?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Unfortunately, if your divorce was not completed before you filed the I-129F, the I-129F will be denied and you will have to file a new I-129F after the divorce is final.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.