Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, I am a GreenCard holder and moved

Customer Question

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am a GreenCard holder and moved to the US in June 2013. My German girlfriend visited me since my my, stayed in my rented apartment for the time given by the customs authority. Last time she entered the United States in June with a B2 Visa. Meanwhile she made an application for an B2-extent. Now she es waiting for the application result and still staying here, living in my apartment. I am a renter of this apartment. Last week the manager of this living area told me, that my girlfriend needs fill out an application for renting an apartment, because the manager was not willing to accept this state any longer. I host my girlfriend like a guest and she does not pay any part of the rental fee to me. What is the appropriate reaction ?
Kind regards,
Peter Krause
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What does the rental agreement say in regards ***** *****? Do you have a copy that you can scan and upload so I can see? When did your girlfriend apply for the extension?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Sir,
My girlfriend applied for an extension in the first week of September. Right now I had no time to read my rental contract. If you recommend, I can make a pdf and send it to you.kind regards,
Peter Krause

I think that would be best. Take your time, upload it when you can, and I will look it over and see if there is anything that you can do.

Hello! Just checking in. Did you get a scanned copy of that lease agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Sir, I will need more time to find the contract. I will download it next week. Kind regards,
Peter Krause

Ok. I will be around. Thank you.