How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108037
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Mexican that travels to the US periodically (3-4

Customer Question

I am a Mexican that travels to the US periodically (3-4 times per year) to do small modeling jobs. I enter using my B1/B2 visa, which I have had since I was a teenager. Each time I enter, I declare that the trip is "for pleasure". On my last trip, I was detained and questioned and ultimately admitted that I was entering the country for a modeling gig. They took a statement and revoked my visa. I need to attend an award ceremony in January so it is critical that I restore my visa as quickly as possible. What do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I am sorry that this happened to you. The reason they are very strict with this is because they don't want visitors working and taking jobs or opportunities from U.S. workers. To get a new visa, you would have to file for a B-2 visa which can be found here:

And you would need a 212(d)(3) waiver which can either be done by the immigration officer at the interview or after just on their computer (take a look at this link):

You can find more information here:,0930-labrie.shtm

Of course, you will also have to prove that you will not be working again in the U.S.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for the answer. I would actually like to be able to travel for business (B-2 visa) or a combination (B-1/B-2 visa), because I intend to travel to attend trade shows and the like and, of course, sometimes for pleasure.So how can I prove that I will not work again in the US? Is a simple statement enough, or are other things required? For example, I have a US bank account...should I close it? That seems a bit extreme, but I am interested in your thoughts about what would be acceptable.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

A statement helps. Proof that you have an excellent job back home is very helpful.

I will provide you with two links that may be helpful. The first is to an article that will explain what they look for when issuing a non-immigrant visa like the B-2. The second is a list of things that can be presented to prove non-immigrant intent and the strong ties to the home country.,0528-schwartz.shtm

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions