Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I've been living in America almost sixteen years am US

Customer Question

Hi. My name is***** been living in America almost sixteen years am US citizen...like every other good and responsible citizen I am working hard and paying my share taxes and bills.
I have two children. My son Beka is also US citizen, deans list college student. My daughter Tinatin still living in the country of Georgia. When I rec my green card I applied for both kids but only Beka was approved, he was under seventeen by that time. My daughter, who turned 19 was denied, but I received note that I could appeal....I could not manage it that time.
Since then my daughter has applied four(4) times for visitors visa, and she has been denied each time.
As soon as I bec citizen, year of 2013 I appl again for her and for her little boy (she is a single mom)and case is in process. Of course we will wait patiently for our looong timetable but meanwhile I do not understand why my daughter is NEVER granted visitors visa for a short visit to her mom and only sibling???.....I think it is so unfair to her, and to me since I work hard and cannot always go to see them and I miss her terribly.......can any of you find answer for me what did my daughter do so bad to get grounded like that by U.S. embassyingeorgia???
Thank you so much in advance!!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please review the following and answer the questions:

First, I want to make sure that you understand that I do not work for the US government. I cannot make any decisions for you. I can only provide you with honest information as an immigration lawyer, but I cannot control any specific outcome or change the situation that you find your daughter in. Do you understand this? And if so, do you intent to give me a rating for my customer service to you, and not based on the rules that the government makes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I do understand.

OK, thank you very much. Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

ANSWER: Your daughter did not do anything wrong. The most likely reason why she continues to be denied is that she has immigrant intent. And when a person has an immigrant petition processing, it is very hard to get a visitor visa. In order to get one, she has to show that she does not have immigrant intent. That means she would have to show very strong ties to Georgia that will require her to return instead of staying in the US. With her brother and her mother living in the US and an immigrant petition on file for her and her child, her ties seem much stronger to the US than they do than to Georgia. The concerns officers because they think she will decide to stay illegally.

The only way she might be able to get a visitor visa at this point, is to prove that she has stronger ties to Georgia than to the US. It is her responsibility to show that she does not have immigrant intent. The government does not have to prove that she does.

I know this can be confusing. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much, James! You are excellent expert and I'll rate your excellent expertise...her case is being processing and only hope for us is that some day she'll be approved!

No problem at all. Best of luck! And if you feel I deserve one, please consider leaving a BONUS after you've given a rating by clicking on the stars.

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to help you and we can close this question.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.