Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

: I m an Indian Citizen holding the U.S. Card and want to

Customer Question

For Judith only : I m an Indian Citizen holding the U.S. Green Card and want to clear certain queries for applying U.S. Citizenship . Please clarify the below in detail : (1) I know that minimu 913 days or more of physical residence in U.S.A. during the 1825 days just immediately preceeding the date of mailing N-400 Application is required and no matter where were you residing for how many days before 1825 days after getting Green Card , …………………..is it correct ? (2) If I received my Green Card on 1st April , 2010 and I plan to apply for U.S. Citizenship now at 30th November , 2015 , then I need to calculate my physical residence stay of minimum 913 days in USA during 1825 days just preceeding the 30th November, 2015 i.e., between the dates of 29th November , 2010 to 29th November , 2015 and the date of receiving Green Card does not matter here , ………………is this correct ? (3) Is the physical actual residence of a person in USA required for a continuous say of 913 days in last 1825 days / 5 years or a person can physically stay for few days in one year or no stay at all in USA for a year or more but total stay should be 913 days in last 1825 days / 5 years ? (4) What in general do we need to complete and apply for N-400 Application ? (5) What are the steps or stages to happen between the date of receiving my N-400 Application by USCIS and the date of getting my Certificate of US Citizenship ? Plse tell me step wise with time span .

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me. However you have set out 5 questions and one very open-ended question wanting step by step time spans.

Unfortunately, you have valued this question at one of the lowest rates and it is a loosing proposition for met to give you these vast amounts of professional information.

This is how I make my living and we don't seem to be on the same page regarding the value of my time and I will opt out and allow another expert to assist.

All the best.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for opting out . Do I need to post it again to allow other experts to reply or have you made it opened to all ?

It is open now to all.

Judith