Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Judith, I'm wondering when concurrently filing i-130 and i

Customer Question

Hi Judith, I'm wondering when concurrently filing i-130 and i 485 and i 765 and sending everything in one package do i have to double certain required documents i.e. certified marriage certificate, send an extra copy of g 325a and birth certificate. when i already have to use these as part of i 130?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

I am not clear on your question.

When you file the I-130/485/765/131 concurrently you only send one set of the supporting documents.

In other words, you do not have a send a birth certificate for the I-130 and another birth certificate for the I-485.

Does that help answer your question. What threw me off was your statement:

"when i already have to use these as part of i 130?".

That confused me that you had filed the I-130 independently without the I-485. But then you used the word concurrent so I was uncleaar.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you.. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. I will remember you and review our question history. Thank you.

Judith