This is a very complex process. I am happy to provide you detailed information but it would take at least 25-30 pages to give you the detailed information needed to give a truly professional answer here.
If you are seriously intent on investing a million dollars you need to invest in a consultation with an immigration attorney who specializes in EB5 investment applications because you need to make the investment and put your $1 million dollars at risk before you file the I-526 application
Supporting Documents (Evidence)*
New Commercial Enterprise
Evidence that you have invested in a “for profit” new commercial enterprise, which is a commercial enterprise:
- Established after Nov. 29, 1990, or
- Established on or before Nov. 29, 1990, that is:
- Purchased and the existing business is restructured or reorganized in such a way that a new commercial enterprise results, or
- Expanded through the investment so that a 40-percent increase in the net worth or number of employees occurs
Evidence, if applicable, that your new commercial enterprise has been established and is principally doing business in a targeted employment area (TEA).
Managing the New Commercial Enterprise
Evidence that you will be actively involved in the management of the new commercial enterprise (day-to-day or through policy).
Evidence that you have invested or are in the process of investing the amount required ($1 million or $500,000).
Evidence that the investment funds were obtained through lawful means. Evidence that the capital used was legally acquired may be demonstrated by the following:
- Foreign business registration records
- Personal and business tax returns, or other tax returns of any kind filed anywhere in the world within the previous five years
- Documents identifying any other source of money
- Certified copies of all pending civil or criminal actions and proceedings, or any private civil actions involving money judgments against the investor within the past 15 years
Evidence that the new commercial enterprise will create at least 10 full-time positions—not including yourself, your spouse, sons or daughters, or any temporary or nonimmigrant workers, or individuals who are not authorized to work in the United States. You will need to submit a comprehensive business plan showing that, due to the nature and projected size of the new commercial enterprise, the need for not fewer than 10 employees will result. Include approximate dates, within the next two years, and when each employee will be hired.
* Note: Regional center-affiliated cases must show that the capital investment was made in accordance with the regional center’s business plan in order to be credited with the creation of indirect jobs.
Job Preservation—Troubled Business
The same evidence which is mentioned above for job creation except instead of the evidence that the business will create at least 10 new jobs, you must submit evidence that:
The number of existing jobs is being or will be maintained at no less than the pre-investment level for a period of at least two years. Photocopies of tax records, Forms I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification), or other relevant documents for the qualifying employees and a comprehensive business plan shall be submitted in support of the petition.
* Note: To be approvable, at least 10 jobs must be maintained.
http://www.eb-5center.com/taxonomy/term/11 http://www.usadvisors.org/ http://www.usworkvisa.com/visas/EB5.html http://www.eb5blog.com/whatsitabout.html#Q16 http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/monthly/featured-article-may-2010.pdf http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=33779 This is the site to the US Citizenship and Immigrant Services page on Investor Visas http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=4ff96138f898d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=4f719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD The Association to Invest in the USA has a valuable website http://iiusa.org/
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.