Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

On the basis of your response, the family sent the online

Customer Question

Hello Jennifer On the basis of your response, the family sent the online application to visit the US to the American Embassey in Ottawa. They were given an appointment for the interview ( required) on January 19. Apparently that was the earliest date available.
The problem is that they must have their Canadian visitor's visa must be renewed by January 9/16. Once the interview takes place in Ottawa, the visa stamp in their passports can take 10 to 15 working days. What would happen if they left canada only in early
February, once again, going to Maine to visit me at my condo for a few days- then they return ( driving) to the border, to Canadian immigration- will they be allowed back into Canada... Since they overstayed their 6 month time limit ???? The mum in the family
had a child here in Canada on November 12..
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm so sorry.. but I can only answer questions pertaining to US law. I am not sure if Canada would allow them back in at that point. You should consult a Canadian Law expert.

Thank you and I hope I have earned your positive rating in your previous question. Thank you.