Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am on an E3 visa that expires on December 26th. I will be

Customer Question

I am on an E3 visa that expires on December 26th. I will be renewing the visa through the same company. Do I need to have my visa appointment before this date or can I attend my visa interview on dec 30?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I will need a little more detail to understand exactly what you mean. Will you be doing an extension of status inside the US also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I will be renewing my E3 in Sydney Australia

Ok thank you. When does your I-94 expire in the US? When will you be departing to Sydney?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe my i94 only expires in 2017 as it was extended when I last re-entered the U.S. I will be departing to Sydney Dec 24th but due to Xmas timing cannot get a visa appointment until the 30th dec (4 days after expiration of my E3)

Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted to verify that you would not be in the US without legal status. If it is just your actual visa, it's different. You can attend your visa appointment to renew your visa on December 30th or another date after December 26th. It's not a problem. You do not have to go before December 26th just because it expires that day.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I am just checking whether you were able to read the response I sent you for your question. Please let me know if you need any clarification. Also please note that the only way I receive credit is when you leave a positive rating. Thanks in advance.