Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My wife is planning to travel to Canada ( Ottawa or

Customer Question

Hello
My wife is planning to travel to Canada ( Ottawa or Montreal) to get an H 4 visa stamp. we are Lebanese. The situation in Lebanon is not very good so that's why she is planning to stay closer to the U.S. Our questions are
1- we were told Ottawa has more experience with dealing with special situations( my wife obtained a waiver of her 2 year home residency requirement)
Is that correct ?
2- Are the chances high that they send her back to her home country ?
3- would if be easier to get b1 and then switch to H 4 while in US ?
Thank you
Thank you so much
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

1- we were told Ottawa has more experience with dealing with special situations( my wife obtained a waiver of her 2 year home residency requirement) Is that correct ?

No, Montreal is also very well informed. However, Ottawa is more welcoming of 3rd country nationals because their caseload is far smaller than Montreal.

It depends on the complexity of your case; are you working for a contractor or directly employed by your petitioner? Also, is it a large company you work for? Is this her first visa stamping for this employer you are working for?

Absolutely not. The purpose of the B is to be a temporary visitor for pleasure and that is not her intent. She is intending to come here for the purpose of joining you, an H1B visa status holder.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you.. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. I will remember you and review our question history. Thank you.