Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT WANTS TO OPEN A CHILEAN RESTAURANT BUT

Customer Question

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT WANTS TO OPEN A CHILEAN RESTAURANT BUT WANTS TO BRING A FRIEND FROM CHILE TO COME AND WORK FOR HIM, HOWEVER HIS FRIEND IS NOT A PROFFECIONAL COOK, THE QUESTION IS IF WE CAN GET A WORK VISA TO COME WORK PERMANENTLY IN THE UNITED STATES,
ALSO HE HAS A FRIEND THAT HAS A MEXICAN STORE AND IT SEEMS TO BE DIFFICULT TO FIND PEOPLE TO DO THE BAKERY, HE WANTS TO BRING SOMEONE FROM MEXICO, IS THAT SOMETHING YOU CAN DO, IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET THESE PEOPLE A WORK VISA EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

It looks to me like you are asking two different questions about two different issues.

The site rules require a different question thread for each issue but I will give you the courtesy of a reply.

1.

The chef does not have to be a professional chef to be able to come here and work with a permanent resident visa. He does have to be able to show he has 2 years full-time experience cooking Chilean food and has been paid for the work in Chile

2.

Again, if the Mexican baker can show he has 2 years paid work experience as a Mexican baker/pastry cook he can get a green card to come here and work.

Neither of the workers will qualify for a temporary work visa but they can get a green card to do this work here.

It will take 12-18 months for the process to bring them in here.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith