Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Dear Atty. Judith, My sister is coming over as an F4

Customer Question

Dear Atty. Judith,
My sister is coming over as an F4 principal immigrant. Her husband is coming with her as a derivative? He works overseas and he is thinking of coming over at a later date maybe in 2 months after my sister already is here in the US. Is it possible to do that or does he need to travel and enter the US with the principal applicant. Thank you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, t hank you for th erequest.

Your sister's derivative beneficiaries of your petition can enter the US after her. They will have an immigrant visa stamp valid for 6 months.

They can enter anytime during the validity period of their visa. The only requirement is that your sister enter before any derivative.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith