Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am currently on H1B visa sponsored by my employer (an

Customer Question

I am currently on H1B visa sponsored by my employer (an university). I applied for green card in mid october and had finger print done 2 weeks ago. I now got a new job at another university for which I need to start on Jan. 4. I am thinking of applying for expedited process for the work permit (I765) associated with my green card application. Would you please help to advise how I should process on it? My new employer is happy to provide a letter.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is your current position?

When was the I-485 filed for you?

What is the new position?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

You can only move to another employer using an EAD if it is the same or similar position and only after your I-485 has been pending longer than 180 days. If you want to transfer before, the new employer would have to file an H-1B for you and then if your current employer withdraws your GC process, the new employer would have to file a new PERM and new I-140, but you would get to keep the old I-140 Priority Date.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!