How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3918
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have been married to american citizen years and live

Customer Question

have been married to american citizen for 15 years and live here...can i get a green card
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

If you haven't gotten a green card through your spouse already, it's probably because you cannot, at least not without leaving the U.S. But let's see. How did you enter the U.S.? Illegally or with a visa? Which visa? What country are you from? How long ago did you enter the U.S.? How old were you when you entered the U.S.? Please try to answer each question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
entered us legally
cant remember visa...drove from Canada and crossed border in Detroit 1999
am from Canada
have been here15 years - married januar ist 2000
was 52yrs old when entered us
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Are you Canadian? Do you have proof of that legal entry? Why haven't you done anything to legalize or have you tried before? What result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am canadian....drove and legal entered the us at the border crossing in Detroit
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have proof of entry? And you seem to be ignoring the other question. Please do not. It concerns me that you have been married 15 years to a U.S. Citizen and you seemed to have done nothing to get legal status in the U.S.? Why haven't you? Or if you have, why haven't you been successful? I am only asking for your benefit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why have you charged me when i thought i was getting free trial!!!!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I have not charged you. I am not an employee of the website. I am what you call a sub-contractor. Anyway, that's not my experience with the site being here for almost 8 years. It isn't a free service. For example, even though I do not get a salary, the website will compensate me from a portion of your deposit, but ONLY if I do a good job and earn a positive rating from you. Unfortunately for me because I do not get my time and knowledge and experience back, you have all the control and if you are not satisfied and want your money back, all you have to do is ask customer service. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. But honestly, you aren't going to get legal advice from a licensed attorney for such an economic price. So I am not sure where you read that it is a free service, but it is not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey guy... i just don't like what they should go to you!! a postitive rating from me YOU GOT IT!
where are you..what state are you in so that i can keep in touch with you!! can call me anytime at(###) ###-####God Bless....john
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks John. I appreciate that. So you would like me to put in for a refund for you? It's ok. They won't really ask any questions.

Related Immigration Law Questions