Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

If was born in mexico in 1969 and came to US when i was

Customer Question

if was born in mexico in 1969 and came to US when i was 9mnths old do I need to go through the process of becoming an American citizen my parents both did become US citizens and I did have a resident card but my purse was stolen along with all of my documentation. I have never ever gone to Mexico since coming to the US not sure what steps i need to take at this point
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What date did you turn 18? What date did each of your parents become a U.S. Citizen? Were they married to each other when both became U.S. Citizens?