Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

If I have a R B1 Visa that is valid years, how often can I

Customer Question

James, if I have a R B1 Visa that is valid for 10 years, how often can I stay 6 months in a row, and how long I need to stay away from the US in between those 6 months ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  KUMAR PATURI ESQ replied 1 year ago.

The B1/B2 visa permits you to enter the US for up to 1 year initially (though usually 6 months is given if you do not have a reason to stay for longer), and renewals can be in 6 months increments if warranted. You have to apply for these.

Your period of authorized stay is governed by your I-94, which, if you enter the US by air, will consist of a passport stamp plus your I-94 online record,

once you arrive back into your country you can come to the US, however you need a good reason to come after just a short time, 60-90 days may be best before you try to come back.