KUMAR PATURI ESQ
KUMAR PATURI ESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience handling all types of traffic cases, tried over 175 motor vehicle cases
16356563

I have an H1B visa valid till Feb 16 2016 stamped in my

Customer Question

I have an H1B visa valid till Feb 16 2016 stamped in my passport and an approved I-140 - both for company A that I no longer work for. I have an approved I797 valid till 2018 for company B (H1B past 6 year extension based on approved I-140 from company A). My PERM process with company B has not been started. I need to travel out of the USA this weekend for a family emergency and want to know if I can do so without a risk of issues at my port of re-entry. I will return in a week. Thank you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  KUMAR PATURI ESQ replied 1 year ago.

if you have a valid approval of the h1b through company B you are in status and fine,

PERM is not going to be an issue, as long as you have a valid h1b and can show recent paystubs, and the i-129 petition and lca you should be fine.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask, if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Do you recommend a letter from the company to indicate I am a full time H1B employee or something to that effect? Also, is PERM required for a new H1B stamping with company B or can I accomplish that on the basis of my I797 approval alone?

yes, a job letter stating you are currently employed is fine, you would be able to do this with the i797,

good luck, and if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you