KUMAR PATURI ESQ
KUMAR PATURI ESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience handling all types of traffic cases, tried over 175 motor vehicle cases
16356563

Judith I would like to withdraw my petition (I-130)due to

Customer Question

hi, Judith
I would like to withdraw my petition for relatives(I-130)due to deterioration of relationship, and now document is in National Visa Center having NVC case number ***** have NOT made any further actin on this YET. I called NVC for withdrawal of I-139 and NVC told me to sned a letter.
My question is:
#1.Is the reason of the withdrawal "due to deterioration of relationship" enough for the reason that NVC will accept? How detailed info. for withdrwal requires from me?
and do they need to contact beneficiary to decide whther my withdrawal be accepted or not?
#2. Do I need notary for this letter?
Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  KUMAR PATURI ESQ replied 1 year ago.

This is a simple letter, you would send a letter requesting a withdrawal of your petition, and the reason does not have to be supported in any way since the i-130 is your own petition.

You do not need a notary for such a letter, a simple statement stating at this time you want to withdraw your i-130 petition, is enough.

The letter should include:

1. your name and date of birth

2. your relative's name and date of birth

3. the “receipt number” for the petition that you filed (listed on the Form I-130 “receipt notice,” Form I-797), and

4. a statement that you want to withdraw the petition.

You should not go into to much detail about your reasons, as it may hurt you if in the future you want to petition for them,

within a few weeks you should receive verification that the petition was withdrawn.

Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask, if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you