Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I met my fiance at ChinaLoveCupid.com is it considered a

Customer Question

I met my fiance at ChinaLoveCupid.com is it considered a marriage broker. To me it is just like Match or Plenty of Fish in the USA
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

According to their own website, they say the following under their Terms of Service:

The Service

The Service is an internet information service that facilitates contact between members who may or may not be seeking friendship or a relationship. It is not a marriage brokering service, mail order bride service or a matchmaking service. The Company is under no obligation to broker any other member or members for you.

Here is the link:

http://www.chinalovecupid.com/en/general/termsofuse

But of course, they are going to say whatever they want to say because they want you to use their site. So we have to go by what the law defines as an International Marriage Broker. Here is the definition:

"A corporation, partnership, business, individual, or other legal entity, whether or not organized under any law of the United States, that charges fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens or nationals or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States as permanent residents or foreign nation clients by providing personal contact information or otherwise facilitating communication between individuals."

So if you are paying a fee to them for them to do any of those actions, then they are an IMB no matter how they want to slice it.

If that is the case, then you should read up a little on what needs to be done if you are going to petition for someone. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/Static_Files_Memoranda/Archives%201998-2008/2006/imbra072106.pdf

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Dale. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.