Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I just received an RFE from USCIS and they just want a

Customer Question

Hello. I just received an RFE from USCIS and they just want a letter from my foreign fiancee in Venezuela stating that she plans to marry me. We have 84 days to respond. Since the postal mail can take 3 months can she sign and scan the bottom and email to me? Will they accept this because there is no way to get it here in time. Thank you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Unfortunately no, the statement from her must be an original signature. You can try to send the scanned copy but there is a big chance that they will not accept it and ask you for an original statement. Maybe she can send the letter with a friend coming to the US and then that person can mail it to you and give it to you.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.