Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I lost my receipt number because I 't receive my card

Customer Question

i lost my receipt number because I don't receive my green card
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

I see some background information, but I do not see a question. What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i lost my receipt number because i was paying for my green card i have 3 month i never receive it

I still do not see your question. Are you asking how long it takes to process the green card? Are you asking how to replace your receipt number? What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how to replace my replace my receip number

OK, one more question - did you actually receive it once, but you lost it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i dont receive it i have calling uscis they ask me the receip number but i dont have it

Do you know if your check was cashed? Who filed it for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife she was paying on his debit card

What was the application or form was it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pay 165 us for my green card i have 3 month i dont receive it i want to see my case statut but i cant becausr i lost the receip number

OK, well it sounds like something is wrong. The green card application is $1070 alone. And your wife's I-130 petition costs $420. So I wonder if an application was ever filed. Are you sure about all of this?

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: I do not see a question here, so I ca only assume you want confirmation of whether what the attorney told you is true and that the cost seems fair. So forgive me if I missed something important. And if I did, please reply and ask the question you want answered.

First, the attorney is absolutely right that your husband is subject to a 10 year ban for being in the US unlawfully for more than 1 year. The only way he can overcome that ban is to apply for a Waiver of Inadmissibility (form I-601). If approved, he will be able to apply for an immigrant visa that would allow him to come to the US to live and work permanently. And as you already know, to be eligible, he must be able to show that you (or your child) will suffer extreme hardship if he is not allowed to immigrate before the 10 years are over, or that you will suffer extreme hardship if you have to go to Mexico to be with him.

As far as the fees, $6,500 sounds very reasonable for the effort and work it takes to apply for theI-601 waiver.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to talk on the phone for a fee, I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.