Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Judith. Do you have a sample objection letter written by any

Customer Question

Hi, Judith. I am Yolande. Do you have a sample for no objection letter written by any embassy to the DOS for j1 visa waiver too,please? Thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

I will look for my link. I have it somewhere in my bookmarks.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Your country?

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Democratic Republic of the Congo, but letters from any other embassy to DOS will do
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Is your government saying they don't know what to write? The reason I ask is because every foreign government has their own letter format and they don't like for the waiver applicant to tell them what to put in it. The foreign government office of education is usually very strict about the procedures you have to follow and what they will write.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No no, they can't formally states that of course. It's just that we would like to know more of the content of letters sent to DOS by embassy re. J1 waiver
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have samples,please?
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

I don't understand what you mean "they can't formally state that"? State what? Who is "we"? The Embassy?

I have many letters from different governments, they are all different. I cannot share a government document with you from another country.

I can tell you what has to be in it but I cannot give you a sample letter. However, your government already knows what has to go in it.

Are you saying your Embassy is telling you they don't know what the procedure is for you to get a letter from them?

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This case is not common for D.R.Congo citizens. But if you can't share samples from other embassy/government, it's fine. Thank you Judith
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

I called your Ambassador's office and they will call me back with the procedure you need to follow and if they need assistance with the content of the NOL.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Judith, but I did that already
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

And they told you they don't know what to put in the letter?

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
I am the one who want to know. But as stated earlier, it's fine if you can't share samples I have requested. Thank you
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

I cannot give you samples of what other countries write.

The content has to include the following:

1. Your name; date and place of birth

2. Your passport number.

3. Your Program Sponsor; Program nmber; profession and degree level.

4. Whether you have received any government funds to pursue your J1 program in the US.

5. That Democratic Republic of the Congo has no objection to you not fulfilling your 2 year home residency requirement. (Some governments put that in consultation with the Minister of Education of similar government agency in your country)

6. That Democratic Republic of the Congo supports your request for a waiver of INA 212(e).

The case file number issued by the Waiver Review Division must appear on the NOL.

I can only provide you the criteria and not share another government's communication.

Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith