Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

How quickly can you expedite US Citizenship after card

Customer Question

how quickly can you expedite US Citizenship after Green card
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: Unfortunately, expedited processing is not something anyone can choose to do - even an attorney. You can request expedited processing for good cause, but the officer reviewing the application and request is the only person who has the discretion to expedite the application or not.

Also, the amount of time one is a permanent resident does not form the basis for expedited processing. As long as a person is eligible to naturalize, it does not matter how long they were a permanent resident.

Here is the pertinent information on Expedited processing requests, provided by the USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter12.html.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to talk on the phone for a fee, I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long does it normally take once you apply for US Citizenship without expedited?

It takes approximately 7 to 9 months from the date of filing to complete the naturalization process. That's filing the application to taking the oath of allegiance.

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.