Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My mom was born in canada and has a copy of her

Customer Question

my mom was born in canada and has a copy of her birthcertificate but needs a green card to go on vacation on a cruise ship
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You mean she is a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident but does not have her green card to prove it? Has she filed an I-90 yet? When is her trip? I hope there is time. Please don't shoot the messenger if there isn't enough time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she started process on 1-90 but did not complete four weeks ago. how long will it take to get a renewel for
a green card for her???

She already has the filing receipt for the I-90?

Looks like your credit card did not go through. That's ok. I just need to know if she has the I-90 receipt yet.

Are you able to respond?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If your mother has her I-90 receipt, all she has to do is go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and make an appointment to speak to an immigration officer in person and take her I-90 receipt and her passport and ask them to place a temporary I-551 stamp in her passport. It should be good for a year and it will allow work and travel during that time.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!