Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Born in the Philippines Dec 5, 1944, I became a Naturalized

Customer Question

Born in the Philippines Dec 5, 1944, I became a Naturalized US Citizen in 1971? 1972? May I please have the exact complete date of my citizenship. Thank you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You can file a G-639 Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request and get a complete copy of your immigration file which should include the information that you seek. It is free but may take 2 to 3 months or more to process. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/g-639

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not wish to file a FOIA request. I expected an answer AND DID NOT GET IT. Please, what is the date of my citizenship? I am pretty sure it was in 1972; Just need the month and date. I paid $18.00 for this information. I deserve an answer. Thank you.

It's not a question of whether you deserve it or not. This is a private website. We do not work for USCIS nor do we have access to government files. This is a website for legal advice. I can only give you legal advice on how you can get that information. I assume you lost your Naturalization Certificate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not wish to call and pay more money. Pls. answer the question. If you can't, then I am not satisfied with your service and want my money $18.00 back.

That request for a phone call I did not send to you. That was an automatic request that the website sent you. My apologies.

Anyway, like I said, we cannot get that information for you because it is PRIVATE and protected information. Only you can access or your attorney representative. If you don't want to file a FOIA that is FREE, you can go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and make an appointment to speak to a USCIS officer in person and get that information for you.

I apologize that I personally cannot get that information for you, but because it is private, you would have to sign a G-28 declaring that I was your attorney in order for me to contact immigration for you.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Please do not rate me negatively for something that it is impossible for me to do for you. If you still want a refund, just ask me. You do NOT have to rate negatively to get a refund. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I can not really rate you or the company positively since I did not get the answer to my question. Yes, I would like to get a refund. There will be no negative rating from me. Thank you.

No. Problem. I wish it was in my power to get you what you need, but as I said, that information is private and confidential. But thank you for your understanding. I will let the administrators know you would like a refund. Good luck.