Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Immigration lawyer My husband is Canadian we have been

Customer Question

immigration lawyer My husband is Canadian we have been married 39 years and we are now both retired. He has a wavier for entry to the United States, due to a simple possession charge 35 years ago in Canada. HIs grand parents were both born in the United States. His Grandfather was born on Indian territory and we have the necessary papers as proof. We would like to stay in California close to our family.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What was the type of drug? In what amount? Also, which parent of his was born in Canada to U.S. Citizen parents? What is your husband's date of birth?

Judy, I will address the possibility of him being able to get U.S. Citizenship automatically, but it is important that you respond. You are not charged per question, per response nor per answer, so it costs you nothing to respond to me. Do not be afraid because I will not be asking for his name or any other personal information.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Are you looking that information up for me? Claims to U.S. Citizenship are very complicated especially when one has to factor in a grandparent. At the very least I need to know his date of birth and which grandparent was born in the U.S. This way I can tell you which law applied when your husband was born. Please respond. Thank you.