Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Guillermo! I'm currently on my OPT, and I know it's hard to

Customer Question

Hi Guillermo! I'm Jia. I'm currently on my OPT, and I know it's hard to get an H1B. But I really want to stay in the U.S. Is there any way to stay? How about I married to my boyfriend who's under F-1 student visa? Or this there any other way to stay? Thank you for answering my question!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Yes, you could marry your boyfriend and change to F-2, or you could get into a new program of study and do another F-1. If you go to a higher program of study you can get more OPT as well. Or you could change to J-1 exchange visitor but be careful with those because many J-1 programs require you to go home for 2 years when you are done. And as far as H-1B, you could look for a cap-exempt job and those are at an institution of higher education or its affiliated or related nonprofit entities or a nonprofit research organization, or a government research organization. Those are not subject to this numerical cap.

Here is a link to the J-1 programs:

http://j1visa.state.gov/programs/

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Jiaxing. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!