Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am planning to buy a already established business in

Customer Question

I am planning to buy a already established business in California, and then apply for a E2 Visa. Investment would be around 80K USD or maybe more counting all the related expenses. Based on the P&L of this business, it is now losing money and I would probably
not be able to hire employees for the first times (maybe just one p.t.) I will work alone inside the business until I will be able to increase sales and hopefully hire more employees. Would this be a problem for my visa application? Based on the described
situation is it probable that my visa will be rejected ? thanks a lot
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Actually, legally there is no certain number of required employees in the US that must be hired for an E2 business. However, in order to have the best chances, the business should have at least a few employees that would normally be considered reasonably in a typical business like yours to operate it. The problem is that if no employees are hired, then USCIS may consider that your business investment is being set up just to support you, which is prohibited for the E2. If you can't hire more than the part time worker right away, it may still be okay as long as you provide a good business plan with a 5 year plan setting out specifically when you will be planning to hire employees.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.