Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

What medical requirements are required of an American that

Customer Question

What medical requirements are required of an American that has been living in Ghana for a year and a half to be able to come back to the US
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Can you please provide me with complete background to this case and question?

Are you being asked to pay for something? Or to send money to someone claiming to be in Ghana and requiring something to return?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is a an American living in Ghana with her mother who is a Ghana national her father passed away a little over a year ago she move to gone out with her mother and is now wanting to come back to the US with me we are married and I am wondering if there is medical tests that she has to do before she can come back to the US she has been there approximately 2 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her father was an American

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

ANSWER: No. There are advisories for some countries in West Africa - specifically, Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone (http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/ebola-west-africa.html) but not for Ghana.

So she should have no issues returning to the US due to her being in Ghana for two years.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.