Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I'm in USA and working employer on E3 Visa, now I have

Customer Question

I'm in USA and working for an employer on E3 Visa, now I have another job offer and I'm looking at either applying for concurrent employment or change of employer.
I'm aware this can be done through USCIS within US and also by going to nearest consulate, my question is:
1. what is the process involved if I decide to apply through USCIS for change of employer
2. what is the process involved if I decide to apply by visiting the nearest consulate for change of employer
3.what is the process involved if I decide to apply through USCIS for concurrent employment
4.. what is the process involved if I decide to apply by visiting the nearest consulate for concurrent employement
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Your employer has to file form I-129 with the Labor Condition Application and filing fee.

It takes about 4-5 months for the approval.

You may not work for the new employer until approval is received from USCIS.

Here is link to form.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-129

Exactly the same as when you applied for your E3 in Australia. You need to go online and file DS-160 at the consulate website; pay fee; make appointment and take with you all the very same documentation as when you applied in Australia, job letter, your credentials, accepted LCA, passport.

Same as answer #1 above but your employer checks box for concurrent employment. Part 2 #2 "d" instead of "e".

Same as #2 above, exactly but the employment letter indicates it is a request for concurrent employment.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you.. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. I will remember you and review our question history. Thank you.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I apply for I-129 without an attorney.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how does it work when I go to consulate and get new E3 stamped and also get stamping for my current employer, which one should i produce to the immigration when i come to US.