Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I was approved O visa. I was denied at London embassy based

Customer Question

i was approved for an O visa. I was denied at London embassy based on CMT. Can a non immigrant apply for a 601 visa waiver. Is there another process to follow
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.

Do you mean denied based on a CIMT crime? If so, which crime?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
denied per 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(l) accused of taking money from my mother- fraud. served six months. It was not true and I had poor representation. received a letter (VCUR2) from embassy after interview
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
approved for "O" visa- artist of renown to work in USA. Been in the USA in the past. this is a non immigrant matter. I applied under 601 waiver afetr denial and was told by USCIS that 601 is for "immigrant" and certain V and K visa appeals. What are my options
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to discontinue this conversation now. can i pick it up in two hours?

Sure, you can return whenever you'd like. The answer will still be here.

Yes, the I-601 is for immigrants mainly. You cannot use it for this nonimmigrant visa. What you would need is the 212(d)(3) waiver also called the Hranka waiver. It is not so difficult to get and it will allow you to enter on the O-1 if approved.

You can read more about it here. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/applying-nonimmigrant-visa-hranka-waiver.html

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I am just checking that you were able to view my answer and you needed any clarification. If not, hopefully I have earned your positive rating. Thanks.