Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I applied, but i am about to file VAWA, will i have to proof

Customer Question

I applied for AOS, but i am about to file VAWA, will i have to proof a "good faith" marriage on my filling or DHS will use the previous proof as i was filling AOS?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is one of the elements. Here is a good article:

http://niwaplibrary.wcl.american.edu/reference/additional-materials/materials-for-adjudicators-and-judges/reports-memos-social-science-research-and-related-data/Good-Faith-Marriage-2.17.13.pdf

The proof that was previously filed can be used, but the burden of proof is on you.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!