Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

How do i find out if someone's here illegally?

Customer Question

how do i find out if someone's here illegally ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Unfortunately, there is no central database that will allow you to check someone's immigration status just by their name. If you know someone's A number, which is an immigration identification number, you can call the immigration court information line at 1-***-***-****. There you would find out if they have an order of deportation. If they have never been in the immigration system, they would not appear there or anywhere else.

The only other way to know their immigration status would be to ask someone for their documentation such as a green card or a work permit or US passport. IF they have none, then it's possible that they are here without status.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.